I’m a London based barrister and consultant specialising in tax law. I am dual qualified in both the UK and Australia.
I have extensive experience advising on the tax aspects of complex international tax matters for both corporate groups and individuals, particularly related to the UK and Australia (and how these jurisdictions interact with the EU and US). This includes:
- Advising on all taxation issues related to double tax treaties, double tax relief and transfer pricing;
- Advising individuals on all taxation issues related to domicile and optimising tax planning when moving between jurisdictions;
- Providing cross border / international tax advice to minimise tax for corporate groups and complex reorganisations;
- Providing cross border / international tax advice in relation to complex trust structures;
- Complex advice in relation to superannuation, particularly cross-border superannuation and pension planning.
I undertake litigation and act as an advocate in all stages of investigations / disputes between taxpayers and revenue authorities.
I undertake litigation and give advice in relation to all aspects of UK and Australian taxation.
Tax problems are a source of worry and anxiety for many organisations and individuals because:
- Tax is a tremendous cost for both organisations and individuals;
- Tax legislation is extremely complicated and hazardous to navigate;
- There are substantial penalties for non-compliance.
I assist my clients navigate the hazards of UK and Australian tax legislation / issues and achieve outstanding tax efficient outcomes for my clients. Many clients seek my services particularly in relation to cross-border Australian-UK tax issues.
I’ve spent over 18 years practising in the area of taxation law. I started my career working in the corporate / international tax group of Big 4 accounting firms and then worked as in-house tax counsel for major international banks for over 10 years. I have spent the last 5 years practising as a barrister specialising in taxation law.
I provide advice for clients in the following areas:
- Cross-border Australia-UK tax issues
- UK and Australian Corporate tax issues;
- UK and Australian Personal tax issues.
Cross-border UK-Australian tax issues
Benefit to you
|Purchase of assets in Australia by a business/individual resident in the UK (or vice versa)||Tax effectively structuring to ensure the capital gain on sale will be tax free|
|Business restructures||Tax effective restructuring of a business to ensure that the transaction is tax-free and future sale of assets or companies is also tax free|
|Transfer of a pension from UK to Australia (or elsewhere internationally)||Tax free structuring on the transfer of a pension|
|Salary packaging for in-bound or outbound UK or Australian executives / individuals||Reduced income tax on earnings through tax effective salary packing of benefits such as school fees, pension / superannuation benefits and motor vehicles.|
|UK inheritance tax||Advice on how to avoid having a UK domicile and avoid UK inheritance tax on your estate when you pass your assets to your loved ones|
|Tax on the purchase and sale of property||
Tax effective structuring of the purchase of property to:
Complex offshore trust structures
|Advice on restructuring offshore trust structures and minimising tax using offshore trust structures|